The original recipe for eggplants, as they are prepared in Italy, with olive oil, vinegar and garlic. Eggplants are fried in a dry skillet without oil and then marinated for 24 hours. Served as a snack.
The set of products is elementary, and the result is always excellent. The vegetables are very aromatic and piquant; they smell deliciously of garlic. Give it a try and this recipe will be your favorite!
Advice! For this recipe, choose eggplant varieties that don’t taste bitter.
- eggplant – 3 pcs. (450 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil – 100 ml
- garlic – 3 teeth.
- white wine vinegar – 3 tbsp. l.
- salt – 0.5 tsp.
- sugar – 1 chips.
- ground black pepper – 1 chips.
- dried basil – 0.5 tsp
- Cut the eggplants into strips about 1 cm thick so that they remain “fleshy” after frying.
- You do not need to peel off the skin. You can cut off the sides and discard them. Or you can scratch it with a fork.
- Fry the eggplant “tongues” in a dry frying pan, that is, without adding oil. It is best to cook in a grill pan or cast iron. Cookware with a thin bottom is not suitable.
- The pieces should become soft when pressed, and come to full readiness. There may be tan marks that do not spoil the taste of the dish at all, but, on the contrary, improve it.
- Prepare a sauce from oil, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper, with garlic passed through a press.
- When ready, put the blue ones in a bowl, generously smearing them with sauce and sprinkling with dried basil.
- Top with the remaining sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- On the second day, the eggplant snack will be ready. You can additionally sprinkle with chopped parsley on top, it goes to the dish.
Easy and delicious dish is ready!
Enjoy your meal!