Many people associate Italy with pizza, pasta and LASAGNA . And if you won’t surprise anyone with pizza, then lasagna has not yet gained such wide popularity, although it deserves it!
Now you can try lasagna without any problems in any cafe or restaurant. But, my advice to you – try to make lasagna at home, and you will never order it in a cafe again because home is better!
|Mold size: 20×20 cm|
|lasagna sheets (dry)||6-10 pcs|
|cheese (like Russian)||300 g|
|For the Bolognese sauce|
|minced meat (beef with pork)||600-700 g|
|5-6 ripe tomatoes or 400 g peeled tomatoes in their own juice|
|white or red dry wine||100 ml|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||4-5 tbsp|
|parsley or basil|
|freshly ground pepper|
|For the sauce|
|nutmeg||on the tip of a knife|
|freshly ground pepper|
Step by step recipe
Prepare the Bolognese sauce.
- Wash the tomatoes from the stalk side, make a cruciform incision and lower them in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to ice water, remove the skin, and chop the tomatoes in a blender.
- Peel the onion, greens, and garlic and chop finely.
- In a saucepan or deep frying pan, heat butter together with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, put onion, pepper, salt, and fry until soft.
- Add chopped garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Transfer the garlic and onion from the pan to the bowl, being careful to keep oil in the pan.
- Put the minced meat in the pan.
- And fry over medium heat until tender, kneading with a wooden spatula to break up large lumps.
- Add fried onions and tomatoes to the minced meat and stir.
- Pour in wine and simmer, occasionally stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Season with pepper and salt, reduce heat to low, and simmer covered for 20-30 minutes.
- Now, remove the saucepan with the sauce from the heat, add the chopped herbs, the remaining clove of garlic, and mix.
- Cover the sauce and set aside.
Prepare Béchamel sauce
- Boil lasagna sheets in a large amount of boiling salted water for about 2 minutes (it is better to boil no more than 2 lasagna sheets at the same time)
- Transfer the boiled sheets to a bowl of ice water.
- After the sheets have cooled, dry them on a towel from the water.
- Place some Béchamel sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place lasagna sheets on top of the sauce.
- Then add some of the Bolognese sauce.
- And distribute the sauce evenly in the mold.
- Place some of the Bechamel sauce on top.
- And also, distribute the sauce evenly in the mold.
- Lay the lasagna sheets.
- Thus, alternate layers until the form is filled.
- Put the lasagna sheets in the last layer and cover them with the Béchamel sauce.
- And sprinkle the surface with grated cheese.
- Lasagne recipe photo 18
- Bake the lasagne for 40-60 minutes at 180 ° C, until golden brown.
- Now, remove the finished lasagne from the oven, let stand for 10-15 minutes, cut into portions and serve.
Yes, cooking lasagna is a little time-consuming. It will take you a couple of hours to prepare it. But if you want to cook lasagna for guests, prepare the ingredients for the lasagna in advance, collect it completely, sprinkle with cheese, tighten with cling film, and put it in the refrigerator. And the next day, you just have to transfer the lasagna from the refrigerator to the oven, set the table, wait for guests, and receive compliments!
Just remember that it is difficult to cut lasagna into even slices while hot. Just take it for granted, stock up on a SHARP knife, and cut it smartly without bothering with the evenness of the pieces. After all, the main thing about lasagna is its amazing homemade taste!